If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Monday, April 30, 2012

TLFT: Drag Race Finale (No Spoiler)


I started to post this to Twitter but then I realized it needs a little more room to breathe. ;-)

Knowing they taped the ending of the "RuPaul's Drag Race" reunion/coronation three times, one for each of the finalists, made the eventual announcement of the winner tonight somewhat anticlimatic -- especially when the actual winner wasn't the one filmed first, based on EW.com's on-the-scene report, and thus didn't get the most genuine audience reaction. (Don't click on the link if you want to go completely unspoiled.) I can understand taking precautions to prevent the news from being leaked, as apparently happened last season, but to me it really took away from my enjoyment of the show. Not to mention I'm still ticked off that the winner wasn't revealed last week. First there was "The Glee Project" finale, in which every finalist won something, and now "Drag Race," in which nobody won, at least not on the "final" episode. What's next? Annoucing the winner on the first episode and then running the show in reverse?

I will say the choice was interesting. I had no real favorite so I'm not overly pleased or displeased either way.

Oh, and the reason Willam got kicked off? Yawn. Seriously.

No comments: