If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Quick Review: The Men Who Stare At Goats

I'll make this review really quick: don't waste your time or money on this strange, confusing mess. Between the story in which Ewan McGregor's reporter character follows around George Clooney's "psychic spy" or whatever he was supposed to be, the two of them in, of all places, Iraq, and the flashbacks to a secret army unit training Clooney and other "psychic spies" in the 1980s, with narration by McGregor throughout -- even Clooney's flashbacks -- I hardly knew what was going on and lost interest rapidly. I'm not sure where the humor in this was supposed to come from, but it didn't come at all. Worst movie I've seen this year. My grade: D-minus.

No comments: