If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Cleanup Duty

I've been busy working the last few days to make my house reasonably presentable for anyone other than myself. I've got a friend who's going to be staying with me for a little while. If not for that, the dust would continue to pile up and all the things I've got strewn around would continue to sit. This is because when it comes to keeping up with housework and maintenance and such, I'm a tricky combination of lazy and useless. I could really use a maid. If you know any maids that work for free (because that's about all I can afford right now) please send them my way.

Meanwhile, I also have to adjust to having someone around the house. I've lived by myself for so long, I'm very set in my ways. At the same time, since I'm not working, I'm completely free to come and go as I please and do whatever I want when I'm at home. While my friend is staying with me, my normal routines will be changed. They can't help but change. Even though it's my house and that makes me pretty much in charge, I'm still going to try and be a good host. I'm not going to switch channels on the TV if he's watching something. If I'm watching a game I'm not going to mute the sound, put on the radio and listen to music instead of moronic announcers.

It's going to be weird. I hope it turns out to be a good weird.

No comments: