If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Adam Lambert: Going Down?

Since I was watching the football game last night, I missed Adam Lambert's performance on the American Music Awards when it aired, but caught up with it via YouTube. Watching it on the computer was not the best venue, but from what I've read the sound mix on the TV broadcast was poor so it certainly wasn't improved by listening through my PC's speakers. Having said that, between last night and the times I've seen him on American Idol, that was the weakest vocal I've heard from Adam Lambert. The rest of it -- the simulated oral sex (pictured) and the rest -- was just so over-the-top that it wasn't sexy, which was what he promised it would be.

I'm not complaining about it, unlike the assorted prudes and right-wing nuts. I just wasn't that entertained. Considering that this was his first major post-Idol performance, I can't help but think it wasn't the best route to promote the new album. On the other hand, it makes the Out magazine editor who felt Adam wasn't being gay enough look like even more of an idiot.

Entertainment Weekly had two different takes on it, both pro and not-so-pro.

No comments: