If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Sunday, August 9, 2015

My Sports Tees And Miscellaneous Caps, Part 2

First cap-only edition!











I think these speak for themselves. Official replicas of the locker room editions (at least the 2008 ones).











Left: a giveaway the San Diego Padres' triple-A team in Las Vegas (a different team is there now) held at a game I attended in 1999. Right: the bucket hat. Given away at the Phils-Padres game I attended in 2005.






















I'm pretty sure I bought this at the old Warner Bros. Studio Store which was at the Shops at Liberty Place. That was once a tremendous store for everything Looney Tunes. Then corporate mergers (such as Time Warner/Turner) happened and the store became watered down with Scooby-Doo, the Flintstones, etc. and it was never the same. The whole chain went under and the Liberty Place spot has largely been unoccupied. After many years, there are now plans for a new store: a Bloomingdale's outlet.

While I've always been a Bugs Bunny/Looney Tunes fans, I was in a phase for a while there where I was buying a number of t-shirts and other memorabilia. Why? This...



Originally airing during Super Bowl XXVI in 1992, this led to a followup during SB XXVII. Like many sequels, it was longer and inferior. And, of course, it eventually begat Space Jam. (Note: in none of these projects did Michael Jordan show even an ounce of acting talent. If LeBron James does star in Space Jam 2, it can't help but be better.)

Oh, and it also led to what is very close to the oldest cap I own...



No comments: