If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Two More TV Shows

Following up on my previous two TV posts...

I've tried two more new series...well, one isn't entirely new...and added them to my DVR. (I almost always record every show, even when I'm home, so I can fast-forward through the commercials.)

The hype over "American Horror Story" got me curious, and with the strange way that it's now not actually one series but separate miniseries (for Emmy purposes or whatever), the new season tells a completely different tale (thus the title being "American Horror Story: Asylum."  As I didn't need to see the first edition to know what was going on, I decided to tune in. It's very weird, obviously. The first episode didn't truly scare me, and I sort of guessed what was going to happen to one character at the end. I wasn't overwhelmed. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep watching, but I'll give it at least one more week.

The other show, now two episodes in, is "Arrow." As I previously mentioned, it's a very different take on  DC Comics' Green Arrow. I'm not sure they ever plan to give him that name -- right now he isn't called anything. He's just an anonymous vigilante, and he isn't above killing people if necessary, so it's not anything like a superhero show. I wouldn't call it brilliantly acted, and some characters aren't very developed yet, but I'm surprisingly intrigued by the premise.

So my TV schedule currently looks like this: Sunday is "Simpsons" and "Family Guy," and now "Robot Chicken." Monday has "Bones," and my weekly dose of Logo: "Be Good Johnny Weir" just finished season two (I felt it was more self-indulgent and scripted, so I'm not sure I'll be around if there's a third season), and its slot will be filled this Monday by "RuPaul's All-Stars Drag Race." Besides "Don't Trust the B---- in Apt. 23," Tuesday now has new episodes of Cartoon Network's "The Looney Tunes Show." Wednesday is "Arrow" and "American Horror Story: Asylum." "The Big Bang Theory" and "Glee" are on Thursdays, and eventually "Community" and "Malibu Country" will arrive on Friday.

With these cable shows debuting, and more on the way at some point ("Mad Men," "Southland") I'm concerned that it's going to take up more of my time to stay caught up. Of course, I don't really have much of a life, so...

No comments: