If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Saturday, December 19, 2009

I Hate Winter!


As I write this, the snow has yet to arrive in my neighborhood, but it's very close. The forecast estimates from the local TV stations (one of which is aligned with Accuweather), the National Weather Service and Phillyweather.net (my favorite site for reading about local weather) range from 8-14 inches to 15-25 inches. I can't stand this. I used to like snow when I was in school and when I was working, because there was the possibility of getting days off. Now, though, it is very unwelcome. It's messy, I hate having to shovel the steps and sidewalk in front of my house, I don't have any snow melt or rock salt or anything to keep the liquid from re-freezing, too many people in my neighborhood don't even bother shoveling or do such a poor job that they make it even more treacherous to walk on, it causes the buses to be even more off-schedule than they usually are...

In the last two years I've come to hate the cold weather (snow or no snow) even more. I want to be warm. I'm more comfortable when I'm warm. I can tolerate a heat wave. I can't bundle up enough to feel okay when it's freezing. I don't know if it has to do with the weight I've lost since late 2007, but I now feel like if I ever hit the lottery, I'd actually consider moving to a warmer location. I've never thought I'd ever want to leave Philadelphia but winters are getting to me more and more awful. Where's global warming when you need it?

No comments: