If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Thursday, December 20, 2012

I'll Tumblr 4 Ya

I've been thinking recently, with my growing interest in taking pictures, that I wanted to have a site where I could pick out my favorites and hopefully have people see them. I'm not sure the albums I've set up for my various travels and my wandering around the city are the best way to do that. I considered Instagram but, putting aside the recent controversy, I decided I wanted to not only post current pics but older ones as well. Instagram, from what I've read, limits the size of pic you can post if it's uploaded from a computer as compared to your phone. And I'm not sure I want to fool around with all those filters just yet.

So I've set up a new site on Tumblr, where I'll post both recent pics from my camera or my phone, as well as some from past trips, and even scans from old photos I pluck from my dusty old albums in the basement. I'm still trying to figure some things out with it, though, so I'm not sure I'll end up keeping it there. (For example, I can't figure out how to share links to the individual posts.) I may create a new Blogger page instead. But for now, Tumblr it is.

I hope you enjoy them, and I'd love feedback -- particularly from photographers.

(The pic on this page is of me taking a picture of my friend Kurt as he was taking a picture of me. We were at the Philadelphia Photo Arts Center looking at my Philly Photo Day submission. More on that later.)



No comments: