If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Monday, September 7, 2015

Neshaminy State Park

Here's something about my Twitter use: I don't "favorite" tweets because I actually like them. If I enjoy them that much I retweet, with or without an added comment. I use favorites as sort of bookmarks to refer to later. If I can't or don't want to immediately open a link in a tweet (for example, if I'm out and there's a link to YouTube and I don't want to play it then, or if I'm trying to catch up on my Twitter feed and don't want to stop to read an article), I make it a favorite and return to it later.

So check out the date of this tweet I favorited:


I saw this and decided I wanted to check out this view.

It took me over a year. I finally managed to get to the park last month. It's not easily accessible by public transit. But with my new status as a morning person who gets out and does things, on a recent Sunday I made the trek. And I did see a view of the skyline, although I'm not sure I was at this Logan Point. I actually walked down to the river and walked along the shoreline.The maps on the park website indicate that Logan Point is part of a paved walkway, while I went right down to the beach. Also, it's so far away that I wouldn't call it "incredible," although maybe it looks different from the actual Logan's Point vantage. Still, it is pretty cool to be able to see downtown Philadelphia from such a distance. So here are some of the pics I took...




I feel like I need to get back there on a less hazy, hot and humid afternoon...and also to find the Logan's Point view tweeted about by Visit Philly.






I'm not sure if this is some sort of art, of refers to these tracks, which I'm guessing were used to launch boats onto the river.





This is a panorama shot I tried. With the river in constant motion, it looks really, really weird.



And here's a look across the river at New Jersey. (Not actually a panorama shot -- I just cropped out everything above and below.)


Back in the park, it turns out the Eagles have helped out with planting new trees and some educational signs.




Near the end of one of the picnic areas, some trees have been carved up.



I'm not quite sure what this project is/was supposed to be, but here are some pics from inside the walls...


Panorama again.











This old place is on the grounds as well...


...and so is this little theater.


Of course, the pool is popular on a hot summer day.

No comments: