If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Monday, August 12, 2013

DC Nov. 2012: Newseum, Pandas, Memorials

Back in November I took a trip to Washington, DC. I spent a couple of days touring around, trying to hit a couple of spots I hadn't seen before (or not in a long time). As it turned out, I also saw some NBA action between the Washington Wizards and Portland Trail Blazers, with the 0-12 Wizards inspired by my presence to actually win a game. Here are a few photos. The entire set is here. (Sorry, I'm not putting up the slideshow here tonight.)

IMG_1554

Among the interesting items at the Newseum was this copy of the Philadelphia Inquirer from shortly after Abraham Lincoln's assassination. The Inquirer hasn't really changed much since 1865.

I'm not big on zoos, but I did go see the giant pandas at the National Zoo. I didn't nearly see all of the zoo, though. After seeing a seemingly endless number of birds, I got bored and left.

IMG_1594

I also took time to see the National World War II Memorial and the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial, and took a number of photos of the Washington Monument (which was closed for repairs due to earthquake damage) -- I wish the fencing hadn't been around when I took this one.


IMG_1660

No comments: